165 years of History
|1843||The Grammer School of the district of Simcoe opened in temporary quarters in the court house with 45 students.
First annual examinations.
|1853||School moved into its own building on Blake St.|
|1863||First female students admitted.|
|1873-1883||Name changed to Barrie High School.
Name changed to Barrie Collegiate Institute.
|1883-1893||Former Premier E.C. Drury attends classes.|
|1913-1923||Frederick Grandy donates a trophy for Senior Boys Champion in sports.
Remodelled and enlarged, school opened in September – burned down in December.
|1923-1933||After 2 years of construction the new school opened on present site, near corner of Bradford and Dunlop Streets.
Student Council established and school is enlarged.
|1943-1953||Name changed to Barrie District Collegiate Institue.|
|1953-1963||Major addition completed, adding the auditorium and main office, plus other rooms.|
|1973||Original part of school facing Bradford St. demolished and replaced by a major addition including a new library, another gym, and a new Guidance office.
Name changed to Barrie Central Collegiate.